Join us on Thursday, September 6 at 1:00 PM EDT for a webinar designed to address questions around the Massachusetts Noncompetition Agreement Act (the Act), signed into law by Governor Baker on Friday, August 10. The Act, which takes effect on October 1, requires all employers doing business in Massachusetts to change the way they establish and structure noncompetition agreements and related forfeiture provisions under compensation arrangements.
Our panel of lawyers focused on litigation, employment and employee benefits law from Massachusetts and other states, will discuss key aspects of this legislation, strategies and best practices. Questions that will be addressed by the panel include:
- What changes should be made to support noncompetition agreements going forward?
- How can a noncompetition agreement be used in connection with providing severance benefits?
- What is the status for existing non-competition agreements? When is grandfathering available?
- Are there other available types of agreements that can adequately protect employers’ interests?
- Might ERISA preempt the new Massachusetts noncompetition law as related to benefit plans?
- How will the changes to Massachusetts law impact corporate transactions?
- How will the changes in Massachusetts law affect restrictive covenant litigation in Massachusetts courts?
- What approaches to address the Massachusetts changes will make sense for multi-state employers?