As COVID-19 becomes an endemic threat, corporate officers should accept the fact that the virus will be a permanent enterprise risk for the indefinite future.
In this FT Specialist article, McDermott Partner Michael Peregrine says corporate boards should place their focus on business and operational challenges that result from the pandemic. These include:
- Enhanced workplace safety in response to delta’s extreme transmissibility;
- An equitable, enforceable and sustainable approach to employees who do not get vaccinated;
- The feasibility of current return-to-work plans;
- Work-from-home arrangements as a more permanent employment model; and
- The pandemic’s outsize impact on female employees.